Patient and home emergency call revolution
Platform, OS and Intelligent Products for Monitoring Patient Status
Many accidents lead to nursing cases
Each year 37.3 million falls that are severe enough to require medical attention occur and an estimated 684’000 individuals die from falls globally. Alone in Switzerland and Germany, the rate of falls in hospitals is over 3% and even higher in nursing homes.
What is farosense?
Imagine you had to care for a sick or elderly person. Wouldn't it be great if you knew when and what help that person needed? - This is exactly the kind of information that faroSense determines and transmits with the help of a smart solution that consists of a contactless sensor system for secure patient monitoring and numerous apps on a platform. In the case of falls or fever attacks, for example, greater damage can be prevented quickly and preventively.
The Farosense platform consists of:
Alarms & Notes in case of emergencies
Interfaces to call systems
Apps & App-Platform
How does the sensor system work?
The contactless sensor device consists of the following component levels:
- A technical optical level for designing the sensor-specific beam paths.
- A sensor level with several sensors, which can also be used redundantly, for different lighting conditions and measurements for high detection accuracy.
- A computing level with a powerful computer system and a small memory unit for temporary storage of the situation.
- An interface level with numerous technical input and output interfaces.
3D depth sensor
Reliable spatial perception through state-of-the-art 3D distance measurement
2D temperature sensor
Reliable temperature measurement with high resolution
Radar with antenna array
Smallest movements are detected with mm-wave radar
Only in the event of an alarm is it possible to look into the room to improve assistance.
What can the faroSense platform do?
The sensor system is applicable in healthcare organisations or in the home care sector. The smart sensor device is installed in a room to be monitored and provides emergency and notification information with high accuracy via both a smartphone and desktop app (basic apps) and the existing patient call and home emergency call system (interfaces).
What can faroSense do?
The sensor system analyses the activity status of the persons in the room and the environment. If the following incidents occur, it passes on a manually or automatically triggered alarm or notice to the caregiver(s).
Fall detection and prevention
Prevention and recognition of falls
Irregular vital signs
Irregular vital signs such as breathing and pulse
Fever and hypothermia
In case of an alarm and note, the nurse can take care of the situation and optionally establish a video conference with the patient.
For data protection reasons, the data is analysed in the sensor device and only alarm and notification messages are transferred directly to other systems or apps.
Benefits of the faroSense sensor platform
For healthcare organisations
- The main benefit of our sensor system is process optimisation and effort reduction with higher care quality.
- Nursing staff can prioritise better and staff allocation is to be optimised for selected incidents.
- Walkways can be reduced.
- The care documentation is automatically prepared and can also be used for incident reporting to the correct insurance company for payment.
- Possibility of increasing occupancy and the avoidance of penalties, e.g. through reductions in length of stay and case consolidation.
- Increase the safety of the caregiver through the possibility of forwarding alarms and notes.
- Supporting indicator for the assessment of diagnoses (such as epileptic seizures).
For patients & insurance companies
- Major damage to health is to be avoided. For example, preventive advice can help to avoid falls and other incidents.
- With the help of automatic alarms, emergencies can be detected more quickly and worse consequences can be reduced by quick intervention of the nursing staff.
- The high follow-up costs of an incident are prevented or reduced, improving patient well-being by providing valuable indicators to patients and caregivers.
What functions does the faroSense app and interfaces offer?
The app allows the user to directly get information about the patient via push message. The open API interface enables direct connection to nurse call systems and other programmes. This enables a flexible integration of our platform into existing systems.
Dr. Frieder Kolless
CEO, Leadership Expert
Well-educated, former CEO of family-owned companies with experienced leadership qualities; a visionary entrepreneur with special expertise in strategy, finances, computer science, and challenging company situations.
Our cooperation partners
We are in contact with numerous medical and nursing directors, university professors, foundation & funding experts and lawyers.
What experts say
«Our team is delighted with the fall detection solution and is looking forward to further cooperation with Farosense.»
«Farosense can be particularly relevant for our new building that is currently under construction.»
«We are committed to cooperating with Farosense because the system is comparatively the most interesting for us.»
Are you interested?
«Let's take the next step into the future together to save lives and make healthcare even better!»